Saturday, February 24, 2018

After our brief warm up, I'm starting to see signs of spring. Outside, the pussy willows are showing.


And inside, planting has begun in earnest. This is a flat of newly planted echinacea or purple coneflower seedlings.


John was home so I had help for the first day of transplanting. We did all the first batch of seedlings that were ready and also did a few of the perennial plugs I have ordered. Most of the plugs I order are for specific varieties of plants, like lavender, some sages and rosemary that cannot be grown from seed.

As the winter winds down, it's always exciting to see plants in the greenhouse again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathy,
This is Barbara, the lady with the honeybees. I'm hoping you will have the same purple basil again this year as last year. My bees loved it and so far my hive has survived winter. My daughter and I will be there this Spring as soon as I can plant here.