Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Landis Valley & Under the Sun

We returned from Landis Valley Herb Faire slightly soggy but very satisfied. I was impressed by the number of intrepid gardeners who braved the rain and cold to come out and buy plants. Friday was the worst weather we experienced since we've been going. I even saw people wearing gloves , in mid-May!

I stayed warm in multiple layers. Big thanks to my friend, Candy, who helped me on Friday. Saturday there was no rain, just a lot of mud to navigate around. Our two day sales were good. Just goes to show that gardeners are a tough lot.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and helped make our weekend a success. Because of the rain, we didn't have our mailing list update out. To any LV friends who wish to remain on our mailing list, please call or email (chfmailing@aol.com) with your info.

I've been enjoying my copy of Under the Sun, a new herb book edited by Tina Sams of The Essential Herbal. The book compiles highlights from the first five years of the magazine. The articles are arranged in chapters like Gardening, In the Kitchen, Herbal First Aid, etc. There are quick tips and hints sprinkled throughout, and loads of recipes. I'm always looking for great new herbal recipes, so next I'll read through the recipes and decide which ones to try first.

The wet spring is producing lush results in the garden. Next week, I'll tackle garden chores - what we can accomplish and look forward to in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: